Monday, July 2, 2012

The Sequel is Not My Problem

3:10 to Yuma (1957)
                This original movie based on the Elmore Leonard story has Van Heflin and Glenn Ford as the stars.    It’s not as long as the remake you’ve probably seen with Christian Bale, yet my wife somehow managed to remark that it seemed to be slower moving.    I will always prefer the black and white classics to their modern day counterparts.
                I especially like the end of this movie because the criminal says he’s broken out of Yuma a bunch of times so it doesn’t really faze him having to go there.    At the same time, his captor says that he just has to get him to Yuma, what he does when he gets there is not his concern.   So after the whole, intense, sort of life or death movie with seeing the job through to the end, it concludes with somewhat of a joke.   I liked that.   I thought it was a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment